2023 Hospitality Scholarship Information
Greater Atlantic City Concierge Association Teams Up With the Casino Reinvestment Development Authority (ACCVA) Foundation to Award Scholarships
Scholarship Recipient Schools
AC Concierge Association & CRDA Foundation Hospitality Scholarship to be awarded at the Atlantic City Host Awards May 10, 2023. The Greater Atlantic City Concierge Association (GACCA) and the Casino Reinvestment Development Authority Foundation (CRDA Foundation) have created a partnership to create scholarships for education in the hospitality industry and promote the value of that education. The scholarships will be available to students from Stockton University, Atlantic Cape Community College and Fairleigh Dickinson University.
Prospective donors should contact Doreen Prinzo at 609-449-7156 or [email protected]. Deadline to submit an application is February 24, 2023.
Purpose of Program
- To acknowledge and reward academically successful students who have chosen a field of study related to the hospitality, culinary and tourism industry.
- Scholarships will be granted to students enrolled at selected colleges based on specific criteria.
- This award is specifically designed to acknowledge students that excel in academic life, chose the hospitality industry, and who have also demonstrated a unique ability to reach out to others through personal initiatives.
Greater AC Concierge Association and the CRDA Foundation have similar goals of educating a future workforce in the field of hospitality. The organizations have joined forces to recognize students that achieved academically and are studying hospitality based course study by awarding scholarships in order to:
- Recognize academic achievement
- Assist in helping students achieve degrees in hospitality related fields
A volunteer committee of members made up of the Greater Atlantic City Concierge Association, CRDA Foundation, business community and local colleges will select the award recipients using a criteria selection form that will use a point system for compliance. Members of the selection committee and their family members will not be eligible for scholarships. Payment of the awards will be sent directly to the attending college for the purpose of tuition and tuition-related expenses.
- Recipients may apply or reapply for the scholarship according to the criteria outlined in the application.
- GACCA/CRDAF will collaborate with committee members and the appropriate college representatives to ensure the integrity of the selection process.
- No applicant will be refused due to race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
- A Criteria Selection Form that awards points will be used to qualify applicants.
- Upon selection of scholarship recipients, GACCA/CRDAF will prepare appropriate internal and external communication.
- GACCA and CRDAF reserve the right to discontinue this program at its sole discretion.
- If the terms of the award are violated the recipient(s) will be stripped of the scholarship and the scholarship will be awarded to the next in line recipient.
- Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the committee.
“Atlantic City provides a great visitor experience; however, the area’s growth over the next several years will require a larger and well-trained workforce,” said Doreen Prinzo, Hospitality Scholarship Committee Chairperson. “This program will help eligible students gain the knowledge and skills they need to serve the industry with distinction.”
According to Karen Martin, Assistant Director of Marketing & Communications, “The mission of the GACCA dovetails with the CRDAF’s mission of supporting the area’s hospitality industry and promoting tourism education. This is a great way to help create a prepared workforce.”
- Josette Katz, Atlantic Cape Community College
- Jamie Winkler, Borgata Casino Hotel & Spa
- Vonnie Clark, Brush Classes
- Jason Tell
- Doreen Prinzo, Casino Reinvestment Development Authority
- Gail Marrandino, Meet AC
- Andrea Adams-Hughes, Equity Communications
- Jeanine Osendowski, Greater AC Concierge Association
- Tara Marsh, Stockton University
- Jennifer Miltner, Seaview Country Club
- Scott Cronick, Tennessee Avenue Beer Hall