The CRDA/ACCVA Foundation Inc. is classified as a public charity, which is exempt from Federal income tax under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions made to it are deductible under section 170 of the code. The amount of the contribution that is deductible for Federal income tax purposes is limited to the excess of the amount of any money and the value of any property other than money contributed by the donor over the value of the goods or services provided by the organization.
The CRDA/ACCVA Foundation Inc. is committed to providing financial and in-kind assistance to initiatives that enhance Atlantic City’s standing as a first class destination resort. The Foundation supports efforts to expand multi-cultural tourism and hospitality interests in the Atlantic City region.
The ACCVA Foundation, a charitable 501(c) (3) tax exempt organization, recognizes the importance of supporting causes that will:
- Attract a greater diversity of visitors to and investment in the destination
- Foster quality partnerships in and around the region
- Gain alternative funding sources and identify projects relating to the enhancement of the tourism industry
- Generate resources to attract events and functions, including but not limited to sporting events, film and the arts, and multi-cultural and heritage tourism
- Seek grants and charitable donations to assist underserved groups and individuals visiting and residing in the greater Atlantic City region
- Generate resources to create scholarship opportunities for training and education in the tourism industry
- Encourage projects and initiatives supporting multicultural arts and ethnic appreciation
- Encourage projects and initiatives supporting persons with disabilities
- Promote the value of tourism education and training