Contact: David Zuba – Publicist, Media Relations/Communications
ATLANTIC CITY, NJ – (Friday, October 23, 2015) – It’s that time of the year again for creepy and creative costumes, freakish Frankenstein’s and fun, haunted hayrides, Dracula and of course too much candy for any human being to wisely consume.
Halloween in Atlantic City this week promises to offer something for everyone from a terrifyingly-terrific time with the kids and scrumptious dishes and drinks to cash-filled costume contests and live entertainment into the wee hours of the morning.
Here is a glimpse of what is on tap this coming Halloween week throughout Atlantic City:
- Bass Pro Shops (30 North Christopher Columbus Blvd.) will hold events throughout Halloween week at its Atlantic City Outpost. “Halloween Photos” from Saturday, October 24-Saturday, October 31, 12-5:30 pm customers get a free 4×6 photo and the opportunity to purchase a package for $10 which includes one 5×7, 4 wallets and a digital download. “Milk Carton Craft” on Saturday, October 24, 12-5:30 pm kids may color the carton then take the seeds and soil disc and carton home to plant pumpkin seeds. “Decorate Trick-or-Treat Bag” on Sunday, October 25, 12-5 pm. “Create a Halloween Decoration” from Monday, October 26-Friday, October 30, 6-8 pm. “Free hot dog and popcorn” Friday, October 30 and Saturday, October 31, 5-6 pm. “Decorate Trick-or-Treat Bucket”, Saturday, October 31, 2-7 pm. “Trick-or-Treating” Friday, October 30 and Saturday, October 31, 6-8 pm kids may trick-or-treat in a safe, controlled environment throughout the store. “Halloween Parades” Friday, October 30 and Saturday, October 31 at 6 pm and “Costume Contest” with judges selecting the winner of a $10 Bass Pro Shops gift card immediately following each parade. All participants receive a glow-in-the-dark bucket.
- The Holtzman Gallery at The Claridge Hotel will host its “Masquerade Ball” on Friday, October 30, 7-10 pm. Wear your best costume, mask or creative cocktail attire and join the party with Miss New Jersey 2015, Lindsey Giannini and other surprise celebrities. This event is free and open to the public and includes open bar, light fare, music, prizes for best costumes and more. Please RSVP by Thursday, October 29 by calling 340-9922 or via email at email@example.com.
- The City of Atlantic City will host “Trunk or Treat” on Saturday, October 31 at Pop Lloyd Stadium (Indiana and Huron avenues) from 5-8 pm for children age 3-13 who are accompanied by an adult. This free, community-based event will feature pumpkin decorating, bounce rides, hayrides, local choirs, and best decorated trunk and most original costume contests. Tickets are available at the Second Baptist Church, located at 110 Rev. I.S. Cole Plaza, between 3-4 pm. For more information, please call 350-7450.
- The Atlantic City Bottle Company and its popular bar and lounge, The Iron Room, (646 East Albany Avenue, 348-6400) will host a Halloween “Spookeasy” 1922-style party on Saturday, October 31. Shake and shimmy with your favorite Giggle Water-themed drink specials and select small dishes by Executive Chef Kevin Cronin. Party begins at 9:30 pm and will be followed by a guy and gal costume party at midnight. No cover charge.
- The Atlantic City Ballet will perform its full-length, original choreographed feature “Dracula” at The Claridge Hotel in the Celebrity Theatre on Saturday, October 31 at 4 and 10 pm. A costume contest will follow after the 10 pm show and will include prizes for the best costume. Tickets are available at acballet.org or by calling 348-7209 for $20 (student/child) and $40 or $50 (adults) with group/senior discounts available too.
- Rainforest Cafe will hold its “Spook-tacular Halloween” event on Wednesday, October 28 at 5 pm. Join in the fun by wearing your costume for tricks and treats, raffles and prizes, free games, crafts and activities, special discounted pricing on a kid’s meal, and meet Cha! Cha! and friends. For more information, visit rainforestcafe.com.
- The Vagabond Kitchen & Tap House (672 North Trenton Avenue) will hold its official “Vagabond Halloween Costume Contest” on Friday, October 30 with prizes and a live DJ. Wednesday, October 28 will be the “In The Biz Costume Contest” with prizes for everyone who has to work on the 30th.
- Dos Caminos at Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City will host the three-day event “Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead)”, a Mexican celebration of life, from Friday, October 30 through Sunday, November 1. Executive Chef Ivy Stark has conjured up a spectacular menu that includes Huitlacoche Tamales, Mole Negro de Oaxaca, Chocolate Sugar Skulls with mocha mousse and raspberry coulis and the Gato Negro cocktail. Saturday night will feature face painters and DJ Chris Roberts at 7 pm.
- Harrah’s Atlantic City will host its “Halloween Bash” on Saturday, October 31 at The Pool After Dark starting at 9 pm and hosted by music personality 50 Cent with DJ Webstar. It will be two floors and two levels of parties, Halloween decor and characters roaming the floors. Admission is $30.
- Resorts Casino Hotel has a terrifying trio of events with mischievous costume parties, wicked nightlife and ghoulishly-delightful drink specials Thursday, October 29 through Sunday, November 1. “Halloween Latin Night” at Margaritaville on the 29th starts at 10 pm with DJ Cano and DJ Kamuflage, drink specials and a fang-tastic costume contest with $500, $300 and $100 cash prizes. “Margaritaville and LandShark Halloween Parties: One Party Under Two Roofs” on Saturday the 31st starts at 10 pm with no cover charge. Live music by DJ StanUp and DJ Dramadik, costume contests, cash prizes, food and drink specials and much more. Bar One will offer Halloween-themed beverages Friday through Sunday, live music from award-winning singer/songwriter Beth Tinnon at 10 pm on Friday the 30th, DC Duo on Saturday the 31st from 8 pm – 12 am and followed by DJ Gary from 12-4 am.
- Caesar’s and Bally’s Atlantic City invite everyone to come decked out in their Halloween finest on Friday, October 30 from 6-10 pm for great food and drinks from Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill, Nero’s Italian Steakhouse, Toga Bar, KWI Noodle House, Cafe Roma, Lobby Bar, Guy Fieri’s Chophouse, Buca Di Beppo, Boardwalk Cupcake, Gold Tooth Gerties, Noodle Village, Corner Cafe and Mountain Bar, which will feature a party with dancing and live music, plus a prize drawing at 10:30 pm. Great room package deals are also available here http://atlanticcityblog.caesars.com/trick-or-treat-the-adult-way-at-caesars-ballys-atlantic-city/?social=sf13861327#.Vipf18vbKUn
- Tropicana Casino and Resort’s ultimate Halloween begins on the Boardwalk on Saturday, October 31 from 7:30-8:30 pm with a live radio remote by Cat Country 107.3 FM and a Halloween-themed light and sound show. At 8 pm on the Boardwalk, the Boogie Nights crew will reenact the creep-tacular dance from the-late Michael Jackson’s famous “Thriller” music video. The first 100 registered dancers will receive a trick-or-treat bag while 25 treats, such as a $250 Tropicana gift card and much more, will be up for grabs. The Annual Costume Contest will be held in The Quarter from 9-10 pm. Prizes include a $500 Tropicana gift card for the best overall costume, a gourmet dinner for two and IMAX movie tickets for the scariest costume, a $50 Tropicana gift card for the best group costume and more.
- Golden Nugget Atlantic City’s popular Haven Nightclub starts the weekend with its “MisBeHaven” on Thursday, October 29 with KirillWasHere and DJ Whoo Kid, plus costume contests with a $500 cash prize. DJ Fergie, an Irish DJ who has performed at many of the world’s most famous clubs and festivals, will appear at Haven on Friday the 30 NERVO, featuring electronic dance music’s first sisters – Mim and Liv Nervo – will its infectious energy, fearless personal style and awesome beats to the Haven stage on Saturday the 31st. A costume contest will also take place with a $1,000 cash prize up for grabs. For more information, visit www.HavenAC.com and to purchase tickets, visit www.ticketmaster.com.
- Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa hosts four exciting Halloween events this week at mur.mur featuring three costume contests with prizes up to $2,500 in cash, hotel rooms, table service and more. Get the holiday started early on Monday, October 26 at mur.mur MONDAYS with DJ Irie and be sure to dress in your best costume for the chance at a $1,000 first place prize or a second place prize that includes table service at mur.mur and an overnight stay at Borgata. On Saturday, October 31 at mur.mur, Fedde Le Grand will perform at the superhero and super villain-themed Halloween party that will offer a $2,500 first place prize. Also on the 31st, Mr. Love Joy (7 pm) and Gypsy Wisdom (11 pm) perform at the Gypsy Bar’s insane asylum-themed Halloween party, which will have a $1,000 first prize stake.
- Trump Taj Mahal’s EGO Bar and Lounge hosts the “Red Hott Halloween Party” on Saturday, October 31 with prizes for best costume, best couple/group and the hottest costume. Costume contest begins promptly at 11:45 pm. Grand prize for the best costume wins $500 cash, an overnight stay in the Chairman Tower, dinner Il Mulino Trattoria plus breakfast in Plate American Cafe for two. Best couple/group wins a total of $250 cash and $250 at Il Mulino Trattoria while the hottest costume winner receives $250 cash and an overnight stay in the Chairman Tower. For more details, visit trumptaj.com.
- The Historic Towne of Smithville will host a “Zombie Walk” on Saturday, October 31 from 11 am – 7 pm with the walk beginning at 6 pm. Earlier in the week, “Witch’s Day Out” will be held on Thursday, October 29 at the Smithville Inn from 10 am – 6 pm. Wear your witch’s hat and enter the hat contest. Complimentary finger foods in the Smithville Tavern will be available from 4-5 pm.
# # #
The only agency of its kind nationwide, the CRDA has used Atlantic City casino reinvestments as a catalyst for meaningful, positive improvement in the lives of New Jersey residents, investing nearly $2 billion in more than 400 projects statewide since 1984. Under the 2011 Tourism District Act, CRDA’s mission evolved from statewide projects to becoming the state’s key economic development agency for Atlantic City. CRDA responsibilities expanded to include land use regulation, clean and safe initiatives, tourism marketing, ownership and oversight of the Atlantic City Convention Center and Boardwalk Hall, and partnership with the Atlantic City Alliance to brand and market Atlantic City. The former ACCVA, now a division of CRDA, is the first destination marketing organization in New Jersey to achieve prestigious Destination Marketing Accreditation by the Destination Marketing Association International.
For destination photos and videos media may visit www.doatlanticcity.com/mediaonline where dozens of assets are available for download. For complete Atlantic City tourism information, visit www.doatlanticcity.com. Also follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/DoAtlanticCity and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VisitAC hashtag #DOAC.