‘Tis the Season to Get in the Holiday Spirit in Atlantic City!
ATLANTIC CITY, NJ – (November 23, 2022) –Recently voted one of 2022’s “25 Best Christmas Towns in the USA” by Travel + Leisure, Atlantic City is debuting a citywide holiday celebration this year – the Atlantic City Tinseltown Holiday Experience – giving visitors the chance to be entertained and enjoy an array of fun holiday happenings throughout the resort and surrounding area.
From spectacular live music and entertainment, pop-up holiday-themed experiences, an indoor festival of trees, tree lighting ceremonies, elaborate decorations, and much more, Atlantic City is the ultimate destination for everything merry and bright this holiday season.
“Atlantic City is providing an experiential holiday celebration like never before for our visitors,” said Karen Martin, Acting Director of Communications & Marketing for the Casino Reinvestment Development Authority (CRDA). “Whether it’s touring the amazing decorations throughout the resort, taking in a holiday show at one of the casinos, shopping at the Tanger Outlets, or enjoying holiday-themed beverages by a fire pit, Atlantic City is the place to celebrate the holiday season with friends and families this year.”
A pair of events are slated to kick off the Atlantic City Tinseltown Holiday Experience on Thursday, December 1. A Tree Lighting Ceremony will take place at Bally’s Atlantic City Casino Resort at 5pm, with trees throughout the resort being lit simultaneously. A Community Holiday Festival will follow from 6-8pm at O’Donnell Park in the city’s Chelsea neighborhood. Holiday happenings will be taking place throughout month, capped off by numerous New Year’s Eve parties and events.
A map of the citywide holiday decorations will be available to visitors so they can tour the dazzling sights, and a listing of holiday happenings can be found at AtlanticCityNJ.com, the resort’s official tourism website.
Atlantic City Tinseltown Holiday Experience Events:
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 1
- Tree Lighting Ceremony at Bally’s Atlantic City Casino Resort at 5pm, with trees throughout the city being lit simultaneously. Complimentary appetizers and hot chocolate will be provided starting at 4:30 pm. (Tree lighting will take place inside The Yard just steps off the Boardwalk.)
- Community Holiday Festival at O’Donnell Park from 6-8pm, with holiday singing, hot chocolate & apple cider, pictures with Santa, free goodies, and more.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 3
The return of the city’s Winter Wonderland Parade, featuring an appearance by Santa, drill team performances, and more. (Rain date December 11)
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 11
Santa Hustle Atlantic City 5K, Half Marathon, and Kids Dash at Brighton Park in Atlantic City, featuring festive music, outrageous holiday decorations, and thousands of runners dressed like Santa.
ONGOING IN DECEMBER
- Jim Whelan Boardwalk Hall hosts its 6th annual Deck The Hall – Festival of Trees (December 1-31), a season-long charitable event in conjunction and with the support of the CRDA and Lite 96.9 WFPG. Local businesses, organizations, arena partners, and individuals are invited to sponsor a custom-decorated holiday tree to be on display in the Boardwalk Hall lobby facing the Atlantic City Boardwalk. Free and open for the public to walk through during all hours which the Boardwalk Hall lobby is open.
- The Showboat Hotel goes big this holiday season, boasting a 50-foot tree, located outside on the Boardwalk, among its elaborate decorations. Decorated with 20,000 lights, it’s the first of its kind to ever appear on the Boardwalk and the largest live Christmas tree on display in the history of the resort! Inside, several other large trees will be on display, and during each weekend in December, holiday vendors and Santa will be on hand.
- Tanger Outlets the Walk’s Elf on the Shelf Scavenger Hunt event runs at the outlets through Saturday, December 24.
- The tradition continues at the Irish Pub and Inn as the legendary Atlantic City pub transforms with thousands of twinkling lights, Christmas trees and one of the most magnificent holiday displays in the region. Enjoy festive meals, holiday drink specials, and shopping in the gift shop.
- Also at Boardwalk Hall, feel the holiday spirit during Free Historic Pipe Organ Recitals offered daily at noon (December 5-23). You can also take a two-hour tour of the world’s largest pipe organ for $10 on Wednesdays in December.
INSIDE THE CASINOS
- ATLANTIC CITY BALLET: Now in its 40th season, the AC Ballet performs The Nutcracker at Caesars on Saturday, December 17, and It’s A Shore Holiday at Showboat December 21, 22, 27 & 28.
- BALLY’S: Bally’s first-ever outdoor Winter Wonderland at its new venue, The Yard. The holiday spectacular features beautiful holiday decor, holiday cocktails, special food menus with beer pairings, fire pits, live music, cornhole and much more.
- BORGATA: Featuring 150,000 lights, extravagant holiday décor, and luminous trees, Borgata’s holiday display will shimmer through January 2. Guests can also get a taste of the holiday spirit with 12 Days of Holiday Cocktails, including a Pumpkin Spiced Espresso Martini at Izakaya by Michael Schulson, a S’mores Old Fashioned at American Bar & Grille, and a Caramel Brûlée Cocktail at B-Prime, available throughout the holiday season.
- CAESARS: Enjoy a Christmas music-filled evening with Jeffrey Osborne and Howard Hewitt on Saturday, December 3. Also, celebrate the holiday season on Monday, December 5 during a “Holiday Spectacular.”
- GOLDEN NUGGET: The Midtown Men perform on Saturday, December 3. The reunited stars from the Broadway smash hit JERSEY BOYS will ring in the Christmas season with their “Holiday Hits”
- HARD ROCK: The Beach Boys bring their ‘Tis The Season show featuring the Holiday Vibrations Orchestra to town on Saturday, December 3. Council Oak Steaks & Seafood hosts a Holiday Pastry Series on Saturday, December 10, where you can create your own chocolate snowman. Plus, ring in the New Year with Earth, Wind & Fire on December 30 and 31!
- HARRAH’S: A must-see holiday show for the whole family, Santa’s Christmas Wonderland runs December 8-11, taking you on an unforgettable Christmas journey with sensational sets, classic songs, and the highest kicking chorus dancers this side of the North Pole.
- OCEAN: The holiday spirit takes over with The Jingle Bell Bar, a holiday pop-up bar with festive cocktails, nostalgic decor, and themed entertainment. On Sunday, December 11, Cirque Dreams Holidaze celebrates Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, and New Year’s all in one unforgettable night.
- RESORTS: Featuring a festive atmosphere, candy cane inspired drinks, live music and more, guests can get into the holiday spirit at the Candy Cane Lounge Pop-Up at Bar One. Also at Resorts, Swing into Christmas on December 9 with a musical comedy revue show benefitting Toys for Tots, and get in the holiday spirit with more shows, such as An Evening With Deana Martin, benefiting Lucy the Elephant.
- TROPICANA: The Modern Gentlemen bring their “You Make It Feel Like Christmas” show to town, featuring music from over five decades of Motown, pop, rock, and doo-wop hits, on Thursday, December 1. On Saturday, December 3, take a holiday musical journey to a magical land with “Cirque Musica: Holiday Wonderland,” featuring acrobats, aerialists, hilarious hijinks and holiday cheer.
- Storybook Land, just 10 miles outside of Atlantic City, transforms into a “Christmas Fantasy with Lights” through Friday, December 30, offering children the chance to ride the “Candy Cane Express,” eat treats and drink hot cocoa, and, of course, marvel at the stunning holiday decorations and spectacular festive atmosphere. Through Friday, December 23, kids can meet Santa at this beloved family attraction.
- During the month of December, Historic Smithville and the Village Greene transforms into a winter wonderland for the entire family, including the return of its floating Holiday Light Show on the Lake. Featuring over 120 Christmas trees and 50,000 lights, the orchestrated show of lights and music reflects off the water of Lake Meone. There’s also great holiday shopping to be had at the 60 quaint shops, family s’mores roasting around the fire pit, plus wonderful dining options.
- Renault Winery & Resort’s Vintner Wonderland returns with everything from ice skating at an outdoor rink, live entertainment, and delectable culinary and wine outings, to cozy fire pits, private igloo experiences, and even Sunday breakfast with Santa himself.
Visit https://www.atlanticcitynj.com/events/holiday-happenings/ for more information and updates.
# # #
About the Casino Reinvestment Development Authority
The only agency of its kind nationwide, the CRDA has used Atlantic City casino reinvestments as a catalyst for meaningful, positive improvement in the lives of New Jersey residents since 1984. Under the 2011 Tourism District Act, the Authority’s mission evolved from statewide projects to becoming the state’s key economic development agency for Atlantic City. CRDA’s expanded responsibilities now include land use regulation, tourism marketing and clean and safe initiatives. The CRDA also oversees Historic Boardwalk Hall (the leading entertainment venue of its size in the country) and the Atlantic City Convention Center. In total, CRDA has invested nearly $2 billion in more than 400 projects statewide, of which $1.8 billion has been invested in Atlantic City, spurring business investments and expansions, and creating permanent jobs in the process. For more information about CRDA and our projects, visit www.njcrda.com, and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.