Contact: David Zuba, Publicist, Media Relations/Communications
Valentine’s and President’s Weekend in Atlantic City Offers Everything For Romantic Couples and Singles Alike
ATLANTIC CITY, NJ – (Friday, February 5, 2016) – Single? Married? In a relationship? Whatever your status may be this Valentine’s Day, Atlantic City and its surrounding communities are the place to be for romantic dining, heart-pulsing live music and dancing, fun-filled events and great deals. From neighborhood restaurants, bars and nightclubs to area wineries, hotels and casinos, this Valentine’s and President’s Day weekend is sure to please everyone.
Here is a list of events taking place between Friday, February 12 and Monday, February 15 in Atlantic City and its neighboring towns:
- 21st Annual Atlantic City RV & Camping Show returns to the Convention Center from Friday, February 12 through Sunday, February 14. Show times are 12 – 8 p.m. on Friday, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. on Saturday and 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Sunday.
- The Atlantic City Aquarium, located at Historic Gardner’s Basin, has fun for the entire family this Valentine’s and President’s Weekend from Saturday, February 13 to Monday, February 15. The fun starts each day with a Live Diver Feeding Show at 11 a.m. and visitors can watch and interact with the diver as she hand feeds the sting rays and others inside the 25,000-gallon tank. Visitors may hand feed the juvenile cow nose rays at 12 and 3 p.m. The Exotic Animal Show starts at 2 p.m. and visitors may get up close with the Aquarium’s more unusual inhabitants, such as the Rose Hair Tarantula, the Sulcata Tortoise, and a boa constrictor. The Aquarium is open daily from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Admission is $8 for adults, $6 for seniors and $5 for children ages 4-12 while children three and under are free. Call 609-348-2880 or visit www.acaquarium.com for more information.
- Historic Absecon Lighthouse is hosting its Annual “Evening of Romance & Renewal” on Valentine’s Day, Sunday, February 14. Couples are invited to take part in a group Vow Renewal ceremony in the Keeper’s Cottage at 6 p.m., followed by a champagne toast and romantic dancing to the live music of PJ the DJ. A donation minimum of $40 per couple includes the ceremony, 228-step tower climb, DJ, dancing and champagne toast. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. and the event will conclude at 7:30 p.m. To reserve your spot, call 609-449-1360. Also, Saturday, February 13 and Sunday, February 14 are DeLIGHTful Date days as you and your date may climb the lighthouse together for the price of one.
- American alternative country and folk rock singer-songwriter Brandi Carlile will perform at the Borgata on Friday, February 12 at 8 p.m.
- Comedian Tracy Morgan brings his “Picking Up The Pieces” tour to Harrah’s on Friday, February 12 at 9 p.m.
- Savage Men male revue show in Dusk at Caesars hits the stage on Friday, February 12 and Saturday, February 13 at 8:30 p.m.
- The Neverly Brothers will play favorite rock n roll and rhythm & blue music from the 50’s and 60’s at Resorts. Days and times vary, so call 609-340-6300 for more information.
- The Noyes Arts Garage Stockton University, located in The Wave parking garage at Mississippi and Fairmount avenues, will offer watercolor painting with Stephanie Segal Miller on Sunday, February 14 from 2 – 4 p.m. Class fee is $25 and includes instruction and free parking in The Wave garage. Bring your own supplies or supplies are available for just $5. Beginners are welcome. Pre-registration is required. Email email@example.com with subject line “Watercolor Class.”
- Tropicana’s free Multimedia Light and Sound Show on the Boardwalk is held nightly at dusk.
- Tropicana Casino & Resort has great entertainment lined up for this Valentine’s Weekend. On Friday, February 12, Aaron Lewis, former lead vocalist for the rock group Staind, will perform live in The Showroom at 9 p.m. On Saturday, February 13, O.A.R., which is short for “Of a Revolution,” will perform live in The Showroom at 8 p.m. On Sunday, February 14, Valentine’s Soul Jam with The Stylistics, Dramatics, New Birth & Bloodstone in The Showroom.
- Stand-up comedian Bill Gardell will perform at the Borgata on Saturday, February 13 at 9 p.m.
- DJ Precise will spin his electric and mesmerizing music in Dusk at Caesars on Saturday, February 13.
- Italian operatic trio Il Volo will perform at the Borgata on Saturday, February 13 at 8 p.m.
- Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville at Resorts will feature live bands over the Valentine’s Weekend. On Friday, February 12, The Pickles will perform from 7 – 11 p.m., while Sensamotion performs on Saturday, February 13 from 7 – 11 p.m.
- The Jersey Four, a Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons tribute band, will take the stage at Stockton University’s Performing Arts Center in Galloway on Saturday, February 13 at 8 p.m.
- Stand-up comedian Sebastian Maniscalo will perform at the Borgata on Sunday, February 14 at 7 p.m.
- Boogie Nights, the ultimate 70’s and 80’s dance club, at the Tropicana will host the Stoplight Singles Mixer on Friday, February 12 and the Hot Hot Hot Valentine’s Day Weekend event with Donna Summer and Rod Stewart impersonators on Saturday, February 13.
- The Showroom at Golden Nugget welcomes “Back in Black” the AC/DC tribute band on Friday, February 12. Doors open at 8 p.m. and admission is free. Meanwhile, Haven Nightclub at Golden Nugget welcomes Crespo on Friday, February 12 and DVBBS on Saturday, February 13.
- Start the weekend with the 70’s and 80’s funk group The Gap Band in the Resorts Superstar Theatre on Saturday, February 13 at 9 p.m.
- The Borgata Comedy Club presents Rodney Laney, Joe Devito and Percy Crews on Sunday, February 14 and Monday, February 15 at 9 p.m.
- Vagabond Kitchen & Tap House will be hosting its Un-Valentine’s Day Singles Party on Saturday, February 13 at 6 p.m. For more information, call 609-350-6721.
- The Wonder Bar is hosting a Dessert Cocktail & Patron Cafe Tasting on Sunday, February 14 from 6 – 10 p.m. Admission is $15 per person and includes tastings flight of patron xo cafe, patron xo cafe dark cocoa and patron xo cafe incendio, plus a new cocktail off the new dessert cocktail list to conclude the tasting.
- Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar in Atlantic City is offering a 2 for $20 menu, which is perfect for a Valentine’s dinner with a loved one or lunch with the family during a long weekend excursion. Guests may enjoy more than 200 flavorful menu combinations with a choice of a shareable appetizer and two full-size meals.
- The Iron Room features a prix fixe dinner for $125 per couple and a wine flight for $25. This deal includes a four-course dinner, intermezzo and dessert.
- The Chelsea Hotel is the destination for romance this Valentine’s Weekend as they team up with Carlo’s Bakery for the perfect getaway package. “Yummy Love” lets couples celebrate this romantic holiday by never having to leave their room while enjoying a complimentary bottle of Prosecco, in-room dining, a movie and the luxury of sleeping in late. Package rates start at $180. For more information or to reserve, call 800-548-3030 or visit www.thechelsea-ac.com.
- Rainforest Cafe, located at Missouri Avenue and the Boardwalk, is offering a Valentine’s Bash, which includes discounted kid’s meals; games, crafts and activities; free goodie bags for kids; and special Valentine’s Day cupcakes, on Wednesday, February 10. A “Sweetheart Breakfast” will be held on Saturday, February 13 and includes a breakfast buffet, raffle, games, prizes, goodie bags for kids and meet Cha! Cha! and Friends.
- At Phillips Seafood at The Playground, ignite a red-hot romance over a seafood feast this Valentine’s Day weekend. From Friday, February 12 through Sunday, February 14, join Phillips for Chef Paul Drew’s delicious three-course Valentine’s Day menu or dine a la carte on fresh, locally-sourced seafood. For Valentine’s Day only, Phillips is offering a limited number of ocean view reservations with stunning views of the beach, sunset and skyline. For more information, call 609-348-2273 or visit www.phillipsseafood.com.
- Head to The Playground at One Atlantic Ocean on Sunday, February 14 at noon for Anchor Arts’ “Sip, Savor, Stroke and Shop.” For $50 per person, customers may enjoy a painting session, painting supplies, parking voucher for $5 reduced parking, and choice of lunch at The Continental or Phillips Seafood complete with lunch and a glass of wine. Patrons may also enjoy exclusive retail deals, swag bag gifts, giveaways and raffles all valued at more than $500. To reserve your spot, purchase tickets or for more information, visit www.playgroundac.com.
- Buca di Beppo Italian Restaurant at Bally’s is bringing back its popular heart-shaped lasagna for two from Friday, February 12 through Sunday, February 14. This $49.99 deal for two also includes a Buca small mixed green or Caesar salad, Buca small garlic bread and two mini cannoli. Visit www.bucadibeppo.com to make your reservations.
- Guy Fieri’s Chophouse at Bally’s is also offering a Valentine’s Month special menu for just $120 per couple that includes a complimentary bottle of champagne, choice of appetizer, entree and dessert.
- Bally’s will introduce its new indoor/outdoor bar “Boardwalk Saloon” on Friday, February 12. The bar will be located on the north end Boardwalk entrance at the Wild Wild West and will feature craft beers and restaurants.
- Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill at Caesars is offering a Valentine’s Month special for $150 per couple that includes a complimentary bottle of Lanson Black Label champagne (an upgrade to a bottle of Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label is available for an additional $60) and dinner with first course, entree and pudding.
- Guests at Bally’s and Caesars may choose a Valentine’s Weekend Breakfast in Bed special for $49.99 from Friday, February 12 through Sunday, February 14 from 7 a.m. – 1 p.m. This special includes a bottle of champagne, carafe of orange juice, pot of coffee, choice of two sweetheart pancakes or build-an-omelet.
- Celebrate love at Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar in The Quarter at Tropicana this Valentine’s Day weekend with three opportunities to celebrate during dinner and brunch. From Friday, February 12 through Sunday, February 14, enjoy a regular dinner menu, including tapas, entrees for two and “Platos Fuertes.” Valentine’s Day specials, created by Executive Chef Kevin Couch, include fried oysters, Chuleta de Puerco and Pescado de Oriente. Also from the 12th through the 14th, enjoy brunch with breakfast tapas, sandwiches, soups, salads and Cuban classics like Ropa Vieja, plus Sangria, cocktails and Aguas Frescas. During dinner and brunch, Cuba Libre will offer a special Cacao Mojito for $11. Call 609-348-6700 or visit www.opentable.com to make a reservation.
- The Palm Restaurant in The Quarter at Tropicana presents a dinner murder mystery on Friday, February 12 at 7 p.m. Admission is $85 per person and includes dinner complete with starter course, entree and dessert of choice. Call 609-344-0483 to reserve your spot today.
- Resorts Casino Hotel has many romantic options to choose from for that special, fun-filled Valentine’s Day weekend-long getaway. Enjoy a romantic dinner at Capriccio on Sunday, February 14. For $100 per couple, you may indulge on a delicious three-course meal that includes salad, entree and dessert. Or visit Gallagher’s Steakhouse for a delectable Valentine’s Day a la carte menu featuring a Belgian endive lobster salad and 40-ounce Porterhouse steak dinner. To reserve, call 609-340-6555 after 4 p.m. For only $65 per couple, try Breadsticks Cafe & Grill’s ravishing Valentine’s Day meal, which includes two glasses of champagne, Maine lobster, Seafood Fra Diavolo or Braised Short Ribs. Top it off with a Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding dessert. For more information, visit www.resortsac.com.
- Michael Patrick’s Brasserie at Golden Nugget has a Valentine’s Day three-course meal for two, which includes two glasses of complimentary champagne, for $59.99. Start with a choice of lobster bisque or chopped house salad, followed a filet mignon entree and topped off with a chocolate Chambord heart dessert.
- Whether you are in a relationship or riding solo this Valentine’s Day, Sammy D’s, Bill’s Bar & Burger, and Dos Caminos at Harrah’s are all offering something for everyone. Try the “Hearts on Fire” $7 strawberry milkshake, which features 12 ounces of vanilla ice cream and two tablespoons of strawberry puree, plus topped with whipped cream and cinnamon heart candies, at Bill’s Bar & Burger. Dos Caminos special Valentine’s Day menu features a $12 Besame con Rosas, $16 Vuelve la Vida Seafood Cocktail, $32 Maine Lobster Enchilada, $10 Mexican Wedding Cakes and Chocolate Love Potion.
- Hard Rock Cafe at Trump Taj Mahal is offering a $79.99 prix fixe Valentine’s Day dinner for two on Sunday, February 14. Bring your favorite someone for this incredible deal that features a shareable chef’s choice appetizer, house or Caesar salad, choice of two entrees (legendary premium-seized 8 oz. certified angus beef cheeseburger or bacon cheeseburger, full rack of hickory smoked pork ribs, grilled Norwegian salmon, a 12 oz. New York strip steak, smokehouse barbecue chicken, and twisted mac/chicken/cheese) and a powdered lollipop donuts with caramel and chocolate dipping sauce.
- Il Mulino at Trump Taj Mahal features a three-course Valentine’s Weekend menu that is $85 per person on the fine dining side or $65 per person on the Trattoria side. For the ladies, a beautiful red rose is included.
Great Events, Dining and Deals Outside of Atlantic City
- Bellview Winery in Landisville will be hosting a Wine and Chocolate Weekend on Saturday, February 13 and Sunday, February 14 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. each day. The winery will be accompanying their tasty creations with delectable chocolates from local chocolatier Le Qualite. Also, a live acoustic guitarist will set the mood in the tasting room. For more information, call 856-697-7172.
- Sharrott Winery in Hammonton is hosting a Wine Tasting with Chocolate on Saturday, February 13 and Sunday, February 14 (also Feb. 6-7) from 12 – 5 p.m. Bring your date in for a wine tasting featuring Sharrott’s Chocolate Fountain and chocolate gifts for the ladies. Wine tasting is $10 per person and includes six samples of Sharrott’s award-winning wines and a souvenir glass. Also, live music in the Barrel Room features Chris Huff on Friday, February 12 from 6 – 9 p.m. and Patrick Stoner on Saturday, February 13 from 6 – 9 p.m. The romantic Barrel Room Wine Tasting & Food Pairing will be held on Saturday, February 13 and Sunday, February 14 at 1, 2:30 and 4 p.m. With five tasting plates expertly paired with Sharrott’s award-winning wines, admission is $25 per person and $20 for wine club members. For more information, call 609-567-9463 or visit www.sharrottwinery.com.
- Trek on down the Garden State Parkway to Historic Cape May and enjoy a two-day crafts and collectibles show, food and wine events, ghost and trolley tours, and much more. Events include the Cape May Wine School – Five Regions of French Wine Tasting class at the Washington Inn on Saturday, February 13 at 1 p.m., Self-Guided Wine Trail at Natali Vineyards and Hawk Haven Vineyard & Winery on Sunday, February 14 from 12 – 5 p.m. and a Self-Guided Wine & Brewery Trail at Natali, Hawk Haven and Cape May Brewing Company on the 14th from 12 – 5 p.m. Other fun events include the Ghosts of Cape May Trolley Tour, Historic District Trolley Tour, Crafts and Collectibles in Winter, and more. For more information, call 609-884-5404, 800-275-4278 or visit www.capemaymac.org.
- Come Wright Inn, located in Ventnor at 5003 Ventnor Avenue, has you covered for Valentine’s Weekend. For just $585, surprise that special someone and make a weekend reservation in one of the beautifully appointed suites with king size bed, private bathroom and sitting room. Chilled champagne, fresh flowers and chocolates await your arrival. Each morning a champagne four-course gourmet breakfast will be served in the formal dining room. Free, off- street parking is available. Call 609-822-1927 to reserve your spot today.
- Dine with wine at Balic Winery in Mays Landing on Sunday, February 14 from 6 – 8 p.m. Admission is $75 per person and includes a wine pairing with each course, dinner, gratuity and tax. Dinner will feature Italian specialties from Mama Mia’s Chef Joe Massaglia. Space is limited so reserve today by calling 609-625-2166.
# # #
The only agency of its kind nationwide, the CRDA has used Atlantic City casino reinvestments as a catalyst for meaningful, positive improvement in the lives of New Jersey residents, investing nearly $2 billion in more than 400 projects statewide since 1984. Under the 2011 Tourism District Act, CRDA’s mission evolved from statewide projects to becoming the state’s key economic development agency for Atlantic City. CRDA responsibilities expanded to include land use regulation, clean and safe initiatives, tourism marketing, ownership and oversight of the Atlantic City Convention Center and Boardwalk Hall. The former ACCVA, now a division of CRDA, is the first destination marketing organization in New Jersey to achieve prestigious Destination Marketing Accreditation by the Destination Marketing Association International.
For destination photos and videos media may visit www.doatlanticcity.com/mediaonline where dozens of assets are available for download. For complete Atlantic City tourism information, visit www.doatlanticcity.com. Also follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/DoAtlanticCity and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VisitAC hashtag #DOAC.