Elaine Zamansky, 609-449-7166, firstname.lastname@example.org
(Atlantic City, NJ, October 2, 2015) – Just because the calendar has flipped from summer to fall, it doesn’t mean the fun comes to a halt. From A-list entertainment to exciting events and great deals, Atlantic City gives you plenty of fun ways to do fall. For a complete list and details, check the calendar of events at http://www.atlanticcitynj.com/events/.
October starts off its first weekend with a sporting attitude, as the Atlantic City In-Water Power Boat Show sails into the Farley State Marina (http://www.acinwaterboatshow.com/) featuring an opportunity to climb aboard the hottest 2016 models as well as this year’s best sellers, and the Let if Fly Flag Football Qualifier on the beach between Steel Pier and the LandShark Bar & Grill (www.letitfly.org). Local Flag teams from up and down the coast will compete for a spot in the National Finals in Virginia Beach as part of the United States Beach Flag Football Association.
Speaking of football, it reigns supreme in the fall, and Atlantic City’s bars, lounges and clubs provide the perfect atmosphere to watch with friends. Many offer specialty drinks, buffet and drink specials and special room rates at the hotels.
Other special events throughout October and November include:
- Atlantic City Fashion Week at The Playground, (www.atlanticcityfashionweek.net)
- Golden Nugget Beach N Boat Fishing Challenge (https://beachnboat.com/events/golden-nugget/)
- DO AC Smokin’ Hot Atlantic City BBQ Championship at Golden Nugget (http://www.smokeonthewaterbbq.com/?Itemid=432&id=112&option=com_content&view=article#!atlantic-city/c1106)
- Second Fridays at the Noyes Arts Garage of Stockton University (http://artsgarageac.com/)
- Great American RV Show at the Atlantic City Convention Center (www.TheGreatAmericanRVShow.com/AtlanticCity)
- Atlantic City Cinefest at Dante Hall and the Noyes Arts Garage (www.atlanticcityfilmfestival.org)
- Ms. Senior America Pageant at Resorts (http://senioramerica.org/default.asp)
- Oktoberfest at Trump Taj Mahal (http://www.trumptaj.com/entertainment/22nd-annual-oktoberfest-,default_viewItem_4541-en.html)
- First Annual Family Fun Day at the Claridge Park/Park Place (http://claridge.com/entertainment/first-annual-family-fun-day-at-the-claridge-park/)
- Chocolate Week at Tropicana (http://tropicana.net/events/chocolate-week-2/)
- Savor Borgata (http://www.theborgata.com/dining/events/savor-street-eats)
Don’t let the thought of planning Halloween activities spook you. Atlantic City has some great ideas:
- Silent film Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde accompanied by live organ music at Boardwalk Hall Ballroom (http://www.boardwalkhall.com/events/detail/silent-film-dr-jekyll-and-mr-hyde)
- Special Halloween version of the Multimedia Light and Sound Show at Tropicana during Halloween Week (http://tropicana.net/entertainment/tropicanas-multimedia-light-and-sound-show/)
- Tropicana’s Ultimate Halloween (http://tropicana.net/events/tropicanas-ultimate-halloween/)
- Atlantic City Ballet presents Dracula at the Claridge Hotel (http://claridge.com/entertainment/dracula/)
- Costume and Makeup Workshop at the Atlantic City Library (http://www.acfpl.org/events-menu/library-event-calendar-menu.html)
- Halloween parties and costume contests at bars and nightclubs throughout Atlantic City.
In the mood for a few laughs? Here’s a sample of shows that should have you ROTFL:
- Atlantic City Comedy Festival at Boardwalk Hall (http://www.boardwalkhall.com/)
- Borgata Comedy Club: (www.theborgata.com)
- Comedy Crapshoot at Trump Taj Mahal (http://www.trumptaj.com/)
- Martin Lawrence at Caesars Atlantic City (https://www.caesars.com/caesars-ac/shows)
- Jenny McCarthy at Resorts Casino Hotel (https://resortsac.com/entertainment/jenny-mccarthy-dirty-sexy-comedy-show-atlantic-city/)
- Last Comic Standing at Golden Nugget (http://www.goldennugget.com/atlanticcity/show_performers.asp)
- An Evening with Jason Alexander and His Hair at Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City (https://www.caesars.com/harrahs-ac/shows)
Looking for some star power? These A-list entertainers will brighten your night:
- Madonna’s Rebel Heart Tour at Boardwalk Hall (boardwalkhall.com)
- Meat Loaf at Tropicana (http://tropicana.net/events/meat-loaf/)
- Carlos Mencia at Tropicana (http://tropicana.net/events/carlos-mencia-2/)
- REO Speedweagon at Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City (https://www.caesars.com/harrahs-ac/shows)
- The Tenors: Under one Sky Tour at Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City (https://www.caesars.com/harrahs-ac/shows)
Culture, nightlife, spas, shopping and more…
Don’t forget about great cultural offerings like shows at Dante Hall or attractions like Absecon Lighthouse and the Atlantic City Aquarium, the Atlantic City Ballet, special IMAX showings, top DJs at exciting nightclubs, rejuvenating spas, expansive retail shopping throughout the city, restaurants with everything from family favorites to celebrity chefs, and great seasonal room rates and packages.
For information on all of the above and more, visit www.doatlanticcity.com.
# # #
About the Casino Reinvestment Development Authority (CRDA) www.njcrda.com
The only agency of its kind nationwide, the CRDA has used Atlantic City casino reinvestments as a catalyst for meaningful, positive improvement in the lives of New Jersey residents, investing nearly $2 billion in more than 400 projects statewide since 1984. Under the 2011 Tourism District Act, CRDA’s mission evolved from statewide projects to becoming the state’s key economic development agency for Atlantic City. CRDA responsibilities expanded to include land use regulation, clean and safe initiatives, tourism marketing, ownership and oversight of the Atlantic City Convention Center and Boardwalk Hall, and partnership with the Atlantic City Alliance to brand and market Atlantic City. The former ACCVA, now a division of CRDA, is the first destination marketing organization in New Jersey to achieve prestigious Destination Marketing Accreditation by the Destination Marketing Association International.
For destination photos and videos media may visit www.doatlanticcity.com/mediaonline where dozens of assets are available for download. For complete Atlantic City tourism information, visit www.doatlanticcity.com. Also follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AtlanticCityNJ and Twitter at #visitac.