Contact: Elaine Zamansky
CRDA Sponsors Low-Cost Parking Options for 2016 Beach Concerts and Major Events
ATLANTIC CITY, NJ (July 26, 2016) – The Casino Reinvestment Development Authority (CRDA) is again providing reduced parking rates at several surface lots and garages for Atlantic City’s 2016 summer beach concerts and signature events. Reduced hourly rates will also be available throughout the summer season.
Robert M. Mulcahy, acting CRDA chairman, notes that, “This is the kind of value added work the CRDA does to create additional, affordable parking for visitors and residents so they can join us more easily for Atlantic City’s signature events as well as day trips.”
Executive Director John Palmieri said “These lots are a great asset. They help support the retail sector, as well as events at Boardwalk Hall and on our beachfront.”
These parking options will be available for the following events:
- Saturday, August 13: Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band with special guest G. Love & Special Sauce
- Wednesday, August 17: Atlantic City Airshow
- Thursday, September 1: Zac Brown Band with Drake White and The Big Fire
- Saturday, September 3: Florida Georgia Line with Cole Swindell, The Cadillac Three and Kane Brown
- Monday, September 5: Blink 182 with A Day to Remember, All Time Low and The Front Bottoms
- Sunday, September 11: Miss America Competition
The CRDA sponsored parking and special event rates include:
- The surface lot on the corner of Pacific and Georgia avenues (across from Boardwalk Hall, enter on Georgia Avenue) with approximately 191 parking spaces will be available. On special event days, there will be a flat rate of $10. The reduced rate for parking on a daily basis throughout the summer is $5 for up to three hours, and $10 for over three hours.
The Wave Parking Garage at Fairmount and Mississippi avenues (enter on Mississippi or Fairmount avenue) will offer 1,080 parking spaces at a cost of $10 for the day.
The surface lot at Atlantic and Ohio avenues enter on Ohio Avenue) will offer 96 spaces at $10 for the day.
The surface lot at Indiana and Pacific avenues adjacent to AtlantiCare (enter on Indiana Avenue) has 243 parking spaces available on event days at a flat rate of $10 for they day. The reduced rate for parking on a daily basis throughout the summer is $5 for up to three hours, and $10 for over three hours.
The Atlantic City Convention Center parking garage, situated at the foot of the Atlantic City Expressway (enter on Michigan Avenue), will offer 1,000 parking spaces for $5 for the day.
Additional parking spaces owned and operated by casinos, hotels, the Southern New Jersey Transportation Authority and private companies are available throughout the city at various prices. For information on additional parking options throughout the City, please click on the following link:
# # #
About the CRDA:
The only agency of its kind nationwide, the CRDA has used Atlantic City casino reinvestments as a catalyst for meaningful, positive improvement in the lives of New Jersey residents. Under the 2011 Tourism District Act, CRDA’s mission evolved from statewide projects to becoming the state’s key economic development agency for Atlantic City, resulting in nearly $1 billion in economic development and non-gaming attractions. In total, CRDA has invested nearly $2 billion in more than 400 projects statewide since 1984. CRDA responsibilities include land use regulation, clean and safe initiatives, tourism marketing, and ownership and oversight of the Atlantic City Convention Center and Boardwalk Hall. For more information about CRDA and our projects, visit www.njcrda.com. Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/njcrda.
For destination photos and videos media may visit www.doatlanticcity.com/mediaonline where dozens of assets are available for download. For complete Atlantic City tourism information, visit www.doatlanticcity.com. Also follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/DoAtlanticCity and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VisitAC hashtag #DOAC.