A board of 17 voting members governs the Authority as follows:
- Six public members appointed by the Governor with the advice and consent of the State Senate for four-year terms.
- Two members appointed by the Governor upon the recommendation of the President of the State Senate for a four-year term.
- Two members appointed by the Governor upon the recommendation of the Speaker of the General Assembly for a four-year term.
- Two casino representatives appointed by the Governor for two-year terms.
- One member of the Casino Control Commission appointed by the Governor.
- The Mayor of Atlantic City.
- The State Treasurer.
- The State Attorney General.
- One member appointed by the Governor, who shall be either the Commissioner of the Department of Commerce and Economic Development or the Department of Community Affairs, or the Governor may appoint, in lieu thereof, an additional member of the Casino Control Commission as a voting member.