- About Us
- Applications & Public Notices
- Proposed Rules/Rule Adoption
- Bid/Proposal Opening and Contract Awards
- Land Use Hearing Schedule, Agendas, Forms & Fees
- Apply for Funding
- Open Public Records Act
- Special Improvement Division
- CRDA 2018-19 Board Meeting Schedules & Agendas
- Archived CRDA Board Meeting Agendas
- CRDA Board Meeting Minutes
- Atlantic City Tourism District Advisory Commission
- Submitted Land Use Development Applications
- Partnerships & Investments
- Tourism District
- Careers / Jobs
The CRDA Special Improvement Division’s General Maintenance team provides landscape, environmental services, public space and construction duties throughout the Tourism District.
Landscaping duties include: upkeep of parks and green areas throughout the Tourism District in organized teams that handle various aspects of landscaping from mowing and pesticides to irrigation and even the management of the banner installation program in the district. The core staff is operating at full-swing from April through November and needs are adjusted according to each season.
The day-to-day task of keeping the Tourism District clean includes daily street sweeping, steam cleaning of roads, gum removal and graffiti removal. A team of dedicated pan and broom sweepers ensure a high level of cleanliness day-in and day-out. Our cleaning crews also manage trash removal and recycling from the nearly 1,000 containers that are place throughout the Tourism District, as well as maintenance and upkeep of light poles and Boardwalk benches/furniture.
The task of public spaces and construction entails the upkeep of the Boardwalk Operations Center and the maintenance of the Boardwalk’s Comfort Stations. Other tasks include development and implementation of new Boardwalk furniture, arches, Adirondack chairs, backless benches and planters. Our crew also creates hardscaping elements in the planters and decorative walls for pocket parks.